Saturday, February 21, 2009

Thank You Chixies!

My wonderful friend Fae Ellsworth took me to the quarterly meeting of the Dixie Chixies last night. The Chixies are a great group of southern Utah women who meet for "unabashed networking" to promote their businesses, arts, and selves (and have fun doing it). Fae "outed" me during the introduction session, explaining the E2E trip. During the "Wants and Needs" session I screwed up my courage and tried to explain the art/trip connection (see below posts), the importance of doing this trip now (regardless of economic crisis and numerous obstacles) and the importance of writing a book about our environmental connections. I asked for their support and, low and behold, thanks to Kayla Koeber and the Chixies, left with a $200 donation! Wow!!! It was quite a fun evening--great food, wonderful women. It feels so good to have the support of other women!

Thank you especially to Fae Ellsworth who not only arranged our participation but also got 100 coconut macaroons donated by Farmers Market in LaVerkin (THANK YOU!), arranged each cookie in an individual cup with an invitation to the upcoming BENEFIT (see above), placed one at each woman's plate, and personally talked to every person in the room (I swear) about coming to the benefit. She is AMAZING! I could not do any of this without Fae. Thank you Fae, you're the best.

No comments: